Employee separation and retention are often key behavioral outcomes within organizations – even for those outside of HR. Replacing employees who separate from the organization can be costly, particularly when the employees who have left are high performers. Additionally, retaining high-performing employees – as opposed to losing them to a competitor organization – can offer a strategic advantage to an organization. In the following conceptual video, I introduce the concepts of employee separation and employee retention.
Link to conceptual video: https://youtu.be/I-kn24DQITI
In the following chapters, you will have opportunities to learn how to investigate the phenomenon of employee separation and retention.
- Computing Monthly & Annual Turnover Rates
- Estimating the Association Between Two Categorical Variables Using Chi-Square (\(\chi^2\)) Test of Independence
- Identifying Predictors of Turnover Using Logistic Regression
- Applying k-Fold Cross-Validation to Logistic Regression
- Understanding Length of Service Using Survival Analysis